Friday, November 16, 2007

This week I felt like I was a production potter. I received a commission for a pair of mugs. But, as most potters know, when you need to make two of something you need to make at least 6. I worked on 6, had the handles crack off because I let them dry unevenly, so threw 6 more the next day.

Apparently I was pushing my fingers too deeply into the bat under the clay, while pulling up. The grog on the bat filed my nails down quite nicely on the outside edge. Hard to describe -- but I'll be using a rib to throw for the next couple of weeks.

At least there will be mugs aplenty!

I also glazed a lovely pierced bowl and am waiting for another bowl with the message: "age is inevitable maturity optional" just below the rim should be going into the bisque firing soon.

Lotsa stuff coming!

No comments: