Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I've been working on an album via Picasa/Picaboo with as much family history as I can garner, including photos I have of family going back to my Great-grandparents on my grandmother's side. Let me tell you, genealogy can suck you in, usurping your time and brain cells.

My Great-grandmother Rivke Lea Scher


However, looking at all those names and dates and pondering all the generations that have been lost and found, or lost and not yet found, has inpired me to begin work on a new series of Judaica which I'm going to call "L'Dor V'Dor" (From generation to generation).

I'm going to use images for a collection of mugs, tzedaka boxes, and plates using fire-on decals as the final decorative layer.

The concept is still crawling around in my head and I'm not quite sure of the exact approach and additional techniques. But inspiration is a good thing, so I've ordered the decal papers and am looking forward to beginning the creation testing process when I get back from Seattle/NCECA at the beginning of April.

One of my "lost" family members

My grandfather



No comments: